In the book, The E-Myth, Michael Gerber dispels the myths surrounding starting your own business and shows how commonplace assumptions can interrupt a business. I found it to be a mind-altering book (in a good way) about how to grow your business in a predictable and productive way. I recommend this book as often as I can.
Listen below to an interview I did with JR Atkins who leads a LinkedIn group focused on EMyth principles. In the interview he shares with me his insights on E-Myth strategy, what makes his group good to join, and how to get the most of out group membership. Enjoy!
Here is a quick snapshot of some of the questions covered:
- When did you start your forum/group, and why did you create it?
- What do you feel makes your community special?
- If you could magically give all of your community members one thing in this world, what would it be, and why?
- If you could ask your group members one thing and get an answer from all of them, what would that question be?
- What are some of the hot topics that seem to always be discussed within the group?
- For someone new to this community, how do they get the most out of it?
- Has anything surprised you about owning a forum about [niche]?
You can join the JR's LinkedIn Group "The E-Myth Connection" by clicking here - join the group
If you want to purchase Michael Gerber's book you can do so here - buy the book (I believe E-Myth Revisited is the better option)
Have you read the E-Myth? What did you like most? What did you like least? Leave your comment below.